- Discussion with the Little Sister
- Elizabeth: "Would you be upset if you were in a case and your attorney didn't call you back or return your e-mails for 2-3 weeks?"
Matt: "Well you have to understand that attorneys--"
Elizabeth (cutting me off as though she has heard my 'attorneys are very busy' spiel before): "I know."
Elizabeth: "Would you be upset?"
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
- Amusing holding in a 1944 case about whether a cosmetic company was liable for burns: "That the plaintiff would sprinkle nail polish remover on his clothing and ignite himself was not an event that the defendant could reasonably have anticipated."
Monday, June 26, 2006
- "I watched a show called 'Plastic Surgery Disasters' on HBO, and this woman went in for gastric bypass surgery and somehow she got both her legs amputated! ... I also watched a show called 'Cancun Sex Adventures.' Because I can't sleep!" -Sweetie
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
- Where to eat?
Donnie: "We could go to Subway."
Matt: "No, I don't want to 'eat fresh.'"
Donnie: look of astonishment
Matt (defensively): "I don't!"
- Donnie: "You ate three truffles."
Matt: "No, i can explain... how did you know?"
Donnie: "There are three truffle wrappers right next to you."
Matt: "Damn it! foiled again!"
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Friday, June 16, 2006
- Trying to do laundry
Matt: "There's no 'Toxic' setting on the washer, is there?"
- Trying to fix the Internet connection on Sweetie's laptop
Matt: "There's nothing wrong with the router. Do you know what that means?"
Sweetie: "Mmhmm. It means... there's something wrong... with YOU!"