Thursday, May 31, 2007

Secret Video: Choral Arts Society Audition, 2007



Every year, we have to reaudition to get into the Choral Arts Society of Washington. Each year brings a new kind of audition -- two years ago it was individual auditions, last year sectionals, and this year quartets. I LOVE this method! After running through scales, we read through a couple pieces we performed this season. Here we are singing a snippet of Lux Aeterna by Morten Lauridsen. I love singing with small groups, and I also love the Lux -- I'd go so far as to say it is my favorite piece of music, from any genre or time period. So, yeah. Stress-free audition.

(For personal friends of BeforeISleep.net who are not yet personal friends of Yours Truly, I am the one who starts the song.)

1 comment:

Synaptotastic said...

I think I am going to buy this cd; every so ofter this instrumentalist comes out of the closet and admits to her choral leanings.